In the universal womb that is boundless space
All forms of matter and energy occur
As flux of the four elements,
But all are empty forms, absent in reality:
All phenomena, arising in pure mind, are like that.
Just as dream is a part of sleep,
Unreal in its arising,
So all and everything is pure mind,
Never separated from it,
And without substance or attribute.
Experience is neither mind nor anything but mind;
It is a vivid display of emptiness, like magical illusion,
In the very moment inconceivable and unutterable.
All experience arising in the mind,
At its inception, know it as emptiness!
from the book Natural Perfection: Longchenpa's Radical Dzogchen
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Longchenpa.
Further quotes from the book Natural Perfection:
- The soaring of the carefree yogin
- The pathless path
- Neither mind nor anything but mind
- The fearless sage
- Or are we so dull?
- Ultimate contemplation
- The unique uncreated
- Gazing at the uncontrived sameness of every experience
- Homage to Glorious Samantabhadra, the All-Good
- Timeless spontaneity
- The body, speech and mind of buddha
- Open to infinity
- Striving precludes attainment