We can put our whole heart into whatever we do; but if we freeze our attitude into for or against, we’re setting ourselves up for stress. Instead, we could just go forward with curiosity, wondering where this experiment will lead. This kind of open-ended inquisitiveness captures the spirit of enthusiasm, or heroic perseverance.
from the book No Time to Lose: A Timely Guide to the Way of the Bodhisattva
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Pema Chödron.
Further quotes from the book No Time to Lose:
- Our true nature
- Our capacity for love and tenderness
- Three attitudes
- The cause of our enlightenment
- Connect with Groundlessness
- Three bite practice
- Benefits of pain
- Our pain is self-inflicted
- Any Encounter Offers Us a Choice
- Our Mistaken Feeling of Separateness