A guru is a person who can really show you the true nature of your mind and who knows the perfect remedies for your psychological problems. Someone who doesn’t know his own mind can never know others’ minds and therefore cannot be a guru.
from the book Becoming Your Own Therapist: An Introduction to the Buddhist Way of Thought
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Lama Yeshe.
Further quotes from the book Becoming Your Own Therapist:
- The pursuit of self-realization
- Wrong expectations
- Cloud like emotions
- The actual nature of the mind
- Transforming knowledge into spiritual experience
- Not a religion in the usual sense
- The dark clouds of ego
- Individual path
- The foggy mind
- The real meaning of spiritual