We possess what is known as basic goodness. Then we develop an overlay of unnecessary tricks and occupations. We develop little tricks to shield ourselves from being embarrassed – or from feeling too painful or naked.
from the book Great Eastern Sun: The Wisdom of Shambhala
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Great Eastern Sun:
- You have to do it
- First mind, first thought
- Facing our lives
- The primordial dot
- Trusting in yourself first
- Smile at fear
- Decency is free from trickery
- Ordinary is extraordinary
- The majesty of the world is always there
- Somebody has to do it
- The heart of goodness in you
- Enjoy your goodness