Just as equality must ultimately be applied universally, so must our compassion, love, and sense of responsibility. They must continue to expand until we willingly and enthusiastically embrace the opportunity to benefit any being with whom we come into contact.
from the book Interconnected: Embracing Life in Our Global Society
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Interconnected:
- The interdependence between us and the world
- Touching the core of our equality
- Thinking about the consequences of our collective actions
- Inner freedom is key
- A Vast and Complex Web of Causality
- Bringing about real change in the world
- The power of our senses
- You exist in connection with others
- The air we breathe
- Our intimate dependence on the natural environment
- The best way to love oneself