One of the problems we have is feeling poverty-stricken. To overcome that, we have to be direct, and we have to trust ourselves. We are not poverty-stricken. If we are capable of smiling, we have goodness in us, always. Whether young or old, very old or very young, still, there are always possibilities of a smile. So keep smiling. Enjoy your goodness.
from the book Great Eastern Sun: The Wisdom of Shambhala
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book Great Eastern Sun:
- You have to do it
- First mind, first thought
- Facing our lives
- Feeling too naked
- The primordial dot
- Trusting in yourself first
- Smile at fear
- Decency is free from trickery
- Ordinary is extraordinary
- The majesty of the world is always there
- Somebody has to do it
- The heart of goodness in you