When you have subdued an opponent,
A thousand more are still to be overcome.
Instead, crush your negative emotions,
Which are the enemies dwelling in your mind.
Minling Terchen Gyurme Dorje
quoted in the book On the Path to Enlightenment: Heart Advice from the Great Tibetan Masters
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Minling Terchen Gyurme Dorje.
Further quotes from the book On the Path to Enlightenment:
- Ever-present Buddha-Nature
- The only way to become buddha
- The alternation of thoughts
- Free Perception
- Right Time
- Cut the knot of greed
- Just as clouds
- Apply yourself unrelentingly to spiritual practice
- Clarity and emptiness
- Whatever you do
- Trample on anger with realization
- You who have a precious human life
- Our journey will have been useless
- Like gold hidden in its matrix
- The ultimate nature of mind