Is anger part of you or something separate? You have to make a greater connection with the anger and yourself. Even just sitting with it is not enough. It could still be like a bad marriage where there is no relationship. Emotions are part of you, your limbs. If you don’t have energy or emotion, there is no movement, no way to put things into effect. You have to regard emotions as part of you.
from the book The Sanity We Are Born With: A Buddhist Approach to Psychology
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Chögyam Trungpa.
Further quotes from the book The Sanity We Are Born With:
- Tuning in to life
- Just open space
- Glimpse of Enlightenment
- Giving up goal, aim, and object
- The importance of patience
- The approach of mindfulness of life
- The freshness of not rebuilding
- These situations are the scriptures
- Working with the present situation
- Sanity on the spot
- Ego is a filter