When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it’s bottomless, that it doesn’t have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space.
from the book Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Pema Chödron.
Further quotes from the book Start Where You Are:
- Teachings 24/7
- The happiness we seek is already here
- You are guaranteed to be burned
- Self-liberate even the antidote
- Moving away from comfort and security
- Communication without agenda
- Compassion along the path
- Underneath there’s something extremely soft
- Where Do Thoughts Come From
- Learning from everything
- Gloriousness and wretchedness