All it takes to accomplish these marvels is a little patience, a little diligence, a little willingness to let go of conditioned ideas about yourself and the world around you. All it takes is a bit of practice in waking up in the middle of the dreamscape of your life and recognizing that there is no difference between the experience of the dream and the mind of the dreamer.
Just as the landscape of a dream is infinite in scope, so is your buddha nature.
from the book The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness
Read a random quote or see all quotes by Mingyur Rinpoche.
Further quotes from the book The Joy of Living:
- What Buddhists mean by happiness
- Your mind just as it is
- Thinking of yourself as limited
- Just observe it
- Trying to do your best
- Meditation on compassion
- Setting the tone for your entire day
- Essentially good
- An experience of absolute well-being
- The need to look at the mind
- Never disturbed
- Becoming aware
- Experiencing the unlimited nature of the mind
- Mind’s unlimited capacity
- Coming to know yourself
- Temporarily polluted water
- Becoming free from Suffering
- The experience of natural mind
- Simply resting