The way to accomplish happiness in the world is to do meaningful work in one’s own life with a positive motivation that sees all people and all traditions as equal.
from the book Heart Advice of the Karmapa
Read a random quote or see all quotes by the 17th Karmapa.
Further quotes from the book Heart Advice of the Karmapa:
- A reminder to myself
- Compassion is the root of all practice
- The Essence of the Buddhist teachings
- Importance of meditation
- Becoming independent practitioners
- Nurturing the principle of benefiting others
- Practicing love and compassion in an impartial way
- Buddha’s Travels
- Having confidence and trust in ourselves and in our teacher